We would love to make your wedding cake!
Please follow our Instagram account birdcage_stellenbosch to see some of our most recent cakes and also to get a feeling for the type and style of wedding cakes that we make.
How to get a quote?
- Send us and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information,
- Your wedding date
- The venue the cake will have to be delivered to
- The amount of people the cake has to be for
- Please send us a photo of a cake you like or have in mind
- Please be patient and give us at least a minimum of two working days reply to your email with a quote.
When you have received your quote you might wonder what the difference is between a tiered cake with three layers of cake per tier and a tiered cake with two layers of cake per tier. Click on the “Layers vs Tiers” document below to have a look.
How to book a tasting?
- If you have sent us an email with the necessary details and we have confirmed our availability, you can schedule a cake tasting.
- Cake tastings are R120 each and one tasting is big enough for 2 – 4 people to share.
- For a cake tasting you have to choose 6 of the following flavours.
- Vanilla cake, vanilla bean frosting and lemon curd filling
- Vanilla cake, vanilla bean frosting and mixed berry curd filling
- Vanilla cake, vanilla bean frosting and homemade butterscotch filling
- Lemon cake with vanilla bean frosting
- Lemon poppy seed cake with vanilla bean frosting
- Chocolate fudge Nutella cake
- Chocolate cake, dark chocolate ganache & pecan nuts
- Carrot & pecan cake with cream cheese frosting in between layers – vanilla bean frosting on the outside
- Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting in between layers – vanilla bean frosting on the outside cc
- Cake tastings can only be done from Mondays to Thursdays, because Fridays and Saturdays are our wedding cake delivery days. On these days our bride & grooms getting married are our main priority.
- Tastings has to be booked at least 10 working days in advance.
- Tastings are not available in store or on our daily cake display, only on order.
How to confirm my wedding cake?
- After we have sent you a quote and you have approved the quote via email (no confirmations done telephonically) we will send you an invoice.
- The deposit details will be on the invoice. A 50% deposit will confirm your order and the balance is due one week before the wedding.
- Once we have received your deposit, we will confirm your order via email and a final confirmation sheet will be emailed to you to sign and send back to us.
- If you do not have a signed confirmation sheet / contract, your wedding cake is not booked with The Birdcage.
- We do not take any bookings or confirm any dates more than 12 months in advance.
Please do not hesitate to email us if you have any questions, we are happy to help.
PS – We will not be taking any wedding cakes in June and July 2018.