We would love to make your wedding cake!
Please follow our Instagram account birdcage_stellenbosch to see some of our most recent cakes and also to get a feeling for the type and style of wedding cakes that we make.
How to get a quote?
- Send us and email to email@example.com with the following information,
- Your wedding date
- The venue the cake will have to be delivered to
- The amount of people the cake has to be for
- Please send us a photo of a cake you like or have in mind
- Please be patient and give us at least a minimum of two working days reply to your email with a quote.
- Wedding cake bookings for 2019 not open yet.
When you have received your quote you might wonder what the difference is between a tiered cake with three layers of cake per tier and a tiered cake with two layers of cake per tier. Click on the “Layers vs Tiers” document below to have a look.
How to book a tasting?
- If you have sent us an email with the necessary details and we have confirmed our availability, you can schedule a cake tasting.
- Cake tastings are R120 each and one tasting is big enough for 2 – 4 people to share.
- For a cake tasting you have to choose 6 of the following flavours.
- Vanilla cake, vanilla bean frosting and lemon curd filling
- Vanilla cake, vanilla bean frosting and mixed berry curd filling
- Vanilla cake, vanilla bean frosting and homemade butterscotch filling
- Lemon cake with vanilla bean frosting
- Lemon poppy seed cake with vanilla bean frosting
- Chocolate fudge Nutella cake
- Chocolate cake, dark chocolate ganache & pecan nuts
- Carrot & pecan cake with cream cheese frosting in between layers – vanilla bean frosting on the outside
- Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting in between layers – vanilla bean frosting on the outside cc
- Cake tastings can only be done from Mondays to Thursdays, because Fridays and Saturdays are our busiest wedding cake delivery days. On these days our brides & grooms getting married are our main priority.
- Tastings have to be booked at least 10 working days in advance.
- Tastings are not available in store or on our daily cake display, only on order.
- If you (or your coordinator) do not confirm the 6 chosen flavours with us, we will unfortunately not confirm your cake tasting.
How to confirm my wedding cake?
- After we have sent you a quote and you have approved the quote via email (no confirmations done telephonically) we will send you an invoice.
- The deposit details will be on the invoice. A 50% deposit will confirm your order and the balance is due one week before the wedding.
- Once we have received your deposit, we will confirm your order via email and a final confirmation sheet will be emailed to you to sign and send back to us.
- If you do not have a signed confirmation sheet / contract, your wedding cake is not booked with The Birdcage.
Please do not hesitate to email us if you have any questions, we are happy to help.
PS – We will not be taking any wedding cakes in June and July 2018.